What is an equivalent fraction for 29/21
Here is the answer to questions like: What is an equivalent fraction for 29/21 or What are the equivalent fractions for: 29/21?
This Equivalent Fractions Calculator will show you ten equivalent fractions to any fraction you input.
How do you do equivalent fractions?
Two frations are equivalent when they are both equal when written in lowest terms. The fraction 58/42 is equal to 29/21 when reduced to lowest terms. To find equivalent fractions, you just need to multiply the numerator and denominator of that reduced fraction (29/21) by the same interger number, ie, multiply by 2, 3, 4, ...
- 58/42 is equivalent to 29/21 once 29 x 2 = 58 and 21 x 2 = 42
- 87/63 is equivalent to 29/21 once 29 x 3 = 87 and 21 x 3 = 63
- 116/84 is equivalent to 29/21 once 29 x 3 = 116 and 21 x 3 = 84
At a glance, equivalent fractions look different, but if you reduce then to the lowest terms you will get the same value showing that they are equivalent. If a given fraction is not reduced to lowest terms, you can find other equivalent fractions by dividing both numerator and denominator by the same number.
How to know if two fractions are equivalent?
If you want to check if two fractions are equivalent, you can use this Rule:
Two fractions (a/b and c/d) are equivalent only if the product (multiplication) of the numerator (a) of the first fraction and the denominator (d) of the other fraction is equal to the product of the denominator (b) of the first fraction and the numerator (c) of the other fraction.
In other words, if you cross-multiply (a/b = c/d) the equality will remain, i.e, a.d = b.c. So, here are some examples:
- 58/42 is equivalent to 29/21 once 58 x 21 = 42 x 29 = 1218
- 87/63 is equivalent to 29/21 once 87 x 21 = 63 x 29 = 1827
- 116/84 is equivalent to 29/21 once 116 x 21 = 84 x 29 = 2436
and so on ...