What is the greatest common factor of 109 and 92? - GCD / GCF Calculator
Find the Greatest Common Divisor for any set of integers (2, 3 or more whole mumbers). Here is the answer to the questions like: What is the greatest common factor of 109 and 92? or What is the highest common factor (hcf) of 109 and 92?
To use the GCD / GCF / HCF Calculator below just enter a set of numbers separated by commas (,).
How to find the Greatest Common Divisor
The first step is to find all divisors of each number. For instance, let us find the gcf(109, 92).
In this case we have:
- The factors of 109 (all the whole numbers that can divide the number without a remainder) are 1 and 109;
- The factors of 92 are 1, 2, 4, 23, 46 and 92.
The second step is to analyse which are the common divisors. It is not difficult to see that the 'Greatest Common Factor' or 'Divisor' for 109 and 92 is 1. The GCF is the largest common positive integer that divides all the numbers (109, 92) without a remainder.
The GCF is also known as:
- Greatest common divisor (gcd)
- Highest common factor (hcf)
- Greatest common measure (gcm), or
- Highest common divisor