Greatest Common Factor Calculator
To use the GCD / GCF / HCF Calculator below just enter a set of numbers separated by commas (,).
|Enter values separeted by commas:
Ex.: 2,4,8; 3,6 etc.
Greatest Common Divisor explained here
Use our Greatest Common Factor to find the GCF of any combination of numbers.
How to find the Greatest Common Factor
The first step is to find all divisors of each number. For instance, let us find the gcf(4,6,8).
In this case we have:
- The factors of 4 (all the whole numbers that can divide the number without a remainder) are 1, 2 and 4;
- The factors of 6 are 1, 2, 3 and 6;
- The factors of 8 are 1, 2, 4 and 8.
The second step is to analyze which are the common divisors. It is not difficult to see that the 'Greatest Common Factor' or 'Divisor' for 4, 6 and 8 is 1. The GCF is the largest common positive integer that divides all the numbers (4,6,8) without a remainder.
The GCF is also known as:
- Greatest common divisor (gcd);
- Highest common factor (hcf);
- Greatest common measure (gcm), or
- Highest common divisor