GCD of 4, 4 and 12
To use the GCD / GCF / HCF Calculator below just enter a set of numbers separated by commas (,).
You have reached us maybe looking for answers to the questions like: GCD of 4, 4 and 12 or what is the highest common factor (HCF) of 4, 4 and 12?
What is the GCF of 4, 4 and 12?
The first step to find the gcf of 4, 4 and 12 is to list the factors of each number. The factors of 4 are 1, 2 and 4. The factors of 4 are 1, 2 and 4. The factors of 12 are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12. So, the Greatest Common Factor for these numbers is 4 because it divides all them without a remainder. Read more about Common Factors below.
How to find the Greatest Common Factor
The first step is to find all divisors of each number. For instance, let us find the gcf(4,4,12).
In this case we have:
- The factors of 4 (all the whole numbers that can divide the number without a remainder) are 1, 2 and 4;
- The factors of 4 are 1, 2 and 4;
- The factors of 12 are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12.
The second step is to analyze which are the common divisors. It is not difficult to see that the 'Greatest Common Factor' or 'Divisor' for 4, 4 and 12 is 4. The GCF is the largest common positive integer that divides all the numbers (4,4,12) without a remainder.
The GCF is also known as:
- Greatest common divisor (gcd);
- Highest common factor (hcf);
- Greatest common measure (gcm), or
- Highest common divisor